About Me

Hi, This is my journey to become a Foreign Service General Services Officer with the Department of State. I'll be saying good bye to a 20 year Military career with the United States Air Force in hopes of starting my second career. I've been living overseas for 18 of the past 20 years, so going with the Department of State is second nature for me. I look forward to having all of you take this journey with me, I'm sure it will be one helluva ride!

Japan

Japan Time Rockford, Il

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Few weeks later...

I'm assuming that when DoS says we will contact you in a few weeks...they really mean. Don't call us, we'll call you when we remember. LOL Just kidding, I suppose I'll receive my OA date soon enough.

This gives me more time to study and prepare for the 12 Dimensions in which I will be judged off of...so I hear.

As far as what's going on with me now...Just preparing my exit strategy. Enjoying the great Okinawa weather and out-processing for my pending retirement. I've decided on leaving the island around mid-January since I'll also be graduating from Grad-school on January 28th. I didn't go to my ceremony for my Bachelors degree, but I've decided to make the journey to Nebraska and attend my Master's Degree graduation ceremony. Yes...All of you are invited!! :)

As I have said before...it would be great if all goes well with my OA, I pass medical and since I already have a TS clearance...that goes well and I'm on the register with a class date before I leave the Air Force.

I'll keep dreaming the dream and sharing with all of you!

Thanks for sharing my journey with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment