About Me

Hi, This is my journey to become a Foreign Service General Services Officer with the Department of State. I'll be saying good bye to a 20 year Military career with the United States Air Force in hopes of starting my second career. I've been living overseas for 18 of the past 20 years, so going with the Department of State is second nature for me. I look forward to having all of you take this journey with me, I'm sure it will be one helluva ride!

Japan

Japan Time Rockford, Il

Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Email from DoS...

It's been a really long 9 months since I first submitted my application to Department of State. Im about 6 months out from retiring from the U.S. Air Force, so ive been pretty busy with that transition. The closer I get to my retirement... The more I look at my Units leadership and say... "Are you Serious?" oh well....

On a brighter note...I woke up to bright and sunny day on the island with the sun shimerring off the Pacific Ocean to a email from DoS:

Congratulations!  Your October 2010 application for Foreign Service General Services Officer has successfully passed the Qualifications Evaluation Panel and has been forwarded to the Board of Examiners Assessment Center to be scheduled for an oral assessment.  They should be contacting you in the next several weeks with further instructions.  

As always... Thanks for coming along for the journey and wish me luck through the next phase.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment