About Me

Hi, This is my journey to become a Foreign Service General Services Officer with the Department of State. I'll be saying good bye to a 20 year Military career with the United States Air Force in hopes of starting my second career. I've been living overseas for 18 of the past 20 years, so going with the Department of State is second nature for me. I look forward to having all of you take this journey with me, I'm sure it will be one helluva ride!

Japan

Japan Time Rockford, Il

Total Pageviews

Friday, November 26, 2010

The courage to take the first step

I'm about 12 months out from retirement from the Air Force.  So I decided to use my love of traveling and 20 years of experience to my advantage and apply for a 2nd career with the Department of State.  I saw an opening for a Foreign Service General Services Officer, so I decided to apply.  The close-out date was Nov 3, 2010.  I was able to complete my Federal Resume, and the lengthy application with about 12 hours to spare before ad closed out.  The first 3 days after the job closed out, I kept receiving notifications that my application was being reviewed.  After the 3rd day, I received an email saying that my application has been referred to a selecting official for hiring.  Well...it's been nearly 3 weeks...I'm stuffed with Thanksgiving day Turkey, and I guess my application is still being reviewed.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment