About Me

Hi, This is my journey to become a Foreign Service General Services Officer with the Department of State. I'll be saying good bye to a 20 year Military career with the United States Air Force in hopes of starting my second career. I've been living overseas for 18 of the past 20 years, so going with the Department of State is second nature for me. I look forward to having all of you take this journey with me, I'm sure it will be one helluva ride!

Japan

Japan Time Rockford, Il

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Years!!

Yep...I can officially say that I'll start terminal leave this year. (Thats when you take leave from work and never return prior to retirement) I already feel like an old man...Grant it...I'm only 38, but I'll be retiring from the Air Force at the end of this year. I think I'm gonna buy a Retired-gone fishing hat just to see how many looks I get :)

New Years Eve here in Japan was pretty boring actually. I ended up staying home and watching TV and drinking Apple and Cranberry juice at midnight. Fun...fun...fun!

I did receive an email from DOS, saying that all applications for the General Services Officer position are still being reviewed and to be patient. It looks like they will start notifying people this month....Maybe. If I get a notification, I'll be sure to post. As always...thanks for sharing my journey with me.!

There really should be some type of rule, that after 19 years in the military, you should be exempt from early morning PT. LOL...just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment